- Basics of Suites in Health Care Occupancies June 11, 2021The use of suites in health care occupancies can provide significant flexibility in the design, construction, and functional daily use of a space. The term suites can be heard frequently when speaking with health care professionals and often very casually being tossed around. “Is it a suite? Can it be a suite? Have you designated […]
- New Fire in the US report highlights factors that have reduced loss in the days since America Burning and areas where work is still needed June 11, 2021Much has changed in the nearly four decades since the America Burning report was issued in 1973 and revisited in 1980. The number of fires and fire deaths in the United States has reduced dramatically and that progress has unfortunately led to fire safety taking a back seat to other societal concerns that seem more […]
- As buildings re-open, fire door and opening protectives ITM is critical to occupant safety June 10, 2021During the pandemic, many ITM programs were put on the back burner as facilities worked to keep building occupants safe from the virus, which included implementing social distancing strategies, meeting the demand for hand sanitizer, and more frequent cleaning, among other new requirements. As buildings begin to transition back to normal operations, it’s a critical […]
- Four key recommendations can help significantly reduce the risk of construction site fires June 9, 2021In the U.S., a fire occurs at a building under construction every 90 minutes, on average, according to NFPA data. Construction sites are notoriously rife with fuel, including piles of trash and excess building materials. Combine that with no shortage of ignition sources, ranging from heating and cooking equipment to welding and other hot-work activities, […]
- FINAL REMINDER: Application deadline to serve on the NFPA 420, Standard on Fire Protection of Cannabis Growing and Processing Facilities Technical Committee is June 15 June 9, 2021The NFPA Standards Council recently approved the development of NFPA 420, Standard on Fire Protection of Cannabis Growing and Processing Facilities. Originally proposed in response to serious fires that have occurred at cannabis facilities in recent years, the new standard will provide clear guidance on fire protection standards for facilities that produce, process and extract […]
"...the services provided by LVI were OUTSTANDING. Joel and Andy were outstanding to work with and presented a professional attitude during the entire project. Their work was of extremely high quality and they took the time to ensure that the work space was left in a better condition than they found it."
- Eric Tucker, Fire Chief