- Grounding: Understanding the Essentials for Building the Foundation of a Structure’s Electrical System September 27, 2021Grounding is a term an electrician, electrical engineer, or facility manager is very familiar with and uses frequently, but what does it mean? The initial thought is, it’s just connecting a grounding conductor to the earth. In simple terms that is correct, but it is more than that. First, we must understand what grounding is […]
- International Association of Emergency Managers webinar will focus on the needs of the disabled during hostile events September 24, 2021On September 29, the International Association of Emergency Managers Access & Inclusion Caucus will conduct a webinar to discuss ways that communities can tailor active threat training and response for people with disabilities, access, and functional needs. The goal of the webinar is to discuss different disabled communities and better understand potential gaps in NFPA 3000™, […]
- A Guide to Fire Alarm Basics – Off-Premises Signaling and Supervising Stations September 24, 2021A fire alarm system is a crucial part of the overall fire protection and life safety strategy of a building. A fire alarm system serves many functions and the differences between the functions can be a bit confusing, so I created a visual guide to fire alarm basics. The objective of this blog series is […]
- Hot work incidents and statistics remind us of the importance of pre-incident planning and a dedicated fire watch in chemical, industrial, and manufacturing settings September 24, 2021Nearly 14 months after the explosion in the Port of Beirut, many questions remain about the catastrophic disaster but one thing we know is that hot work acted as the ignition source for the epic chain of events. And, in its wake, 218 were killed, more than 7,000 were injured, over 70,000 apartments were impacted, […]
- HCIS licensing requirements webinar is now available for fire protection contractors and consultants working in 12 Saudi Arabian sectors September 22, 2021Earlier this month, the NFPA jointly presented an informational webinar with the Saudi Arabian High Commission for Industrial Security (HCIS) on new license renewal requirements that went into effect last month. The webinar was a great collaboration between NFPA and the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) that provides strategic supervision and is the approval body for 12 industries in […]
"...the services provided by LVI were OUTSTANDING. Joel and Andy were outstanding to work with and presented a professional attitude during the entire project. Their work was of extremely high quality and they took the time to ensure that the work space was left in a better condition than they found it."
- Eric Tucker, Fire Chief