- Register to attend the free Research Foundation webinar on WUINITY 20 A Platform for the Simulation December 3, 2021The Fire Protection Research Foundation will be hosting a webinar on December 6 to explain and demonstrate WUI-NITY 2.0, an integrated software platform for the simulation of wildland-urban interface (WUI) evacuation scenarios. Wildland fires represent an important safety issue in many regions around the world. The future expansion and increased complexity of WUI interfaces pose […]
- Seeking input on ignition sources in warehouses for Fire Protection Research Foundation project December 3, 2021Oxygen reduction (or hypoxic) systems (ORS) are being used in warehouse facilities as an alternative to sprinkler protection. The basic principle of operation is to displace the ambient oxygen in an enclosed environment with one or more nitrogen generators. Recently, the Fire Protection Research Foundation completed a project to review literature on the topic and […]
- Battery Energy Storage Hazards and Failure Modes December 3, 2021Around the globe energy storage systems are being installed at an unprecedented rate, and for good reasons. There are a lot of benefits that energy storage systems (ESS) can provide, but along with those benefits come some hazards that need to be considered. This blog will talk about a handful of hazards that are unique […]
- NFPA launches a new Drone Knowledgebase; invites fire departments to add equipment, personnel, and other details to new crowd sourcing resource December 3, 2021While drones are being used more and more these days by fire departments to help with situational awareness during structural fires, wildfires, natural disasters, rescue efforts, and large public gatherings, there are many jurisdictions that still lack the knowledge and experience needed to establish, administer, operate, and maintain a cohesive public safety drone program. To […]
- A Better Understanding of NFPA 70E: Your Risk Tolerance December 2, 2021NFPA 70E®, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace® changed from an arc-flash hazard analysis to an arc-flash risk assessment several editions ago. Users are still having issues with the change. The most common complaint is that risk should not be a consideration when considering the electrical hazards an employee might be exposed to. Many […]
"...the services provided by LVI were OUTSTANDING. Joel and Andy were outstanding to work with and presented a professional attitude during the entire project. Their work was of extremely high quality and they took the time to ensure that the work space was left in a better condition than they found it."
- Eric Tucker, Fire Chief